2020/07/30

Moon Child wall decor with amethysts TUTORIAL

Hello, dear mixed media friends! 
Today this is Maria Lillepruun on blog. Recently, I have received a mystery box full of beautiful art goodies from the Mixed Media Place store! This was a very interesting challenge! I played with the media and embellishments around, trying to incorporate THEM ALL in one curious project. This was fun! Finally, I decided to make a wall decoration on a round base that was included in my box. 


I primed the base with black gesso, because I wante the final work to look dark. Then I covered the primed base with the decorative paper using the soft gloss gel. 


After that, I applied a mix of the modelling paste and the texture paste with sand through a beautiful "Oriental Wall" stencil, and let it dry.


When the texture was dry, I colored it with liquid acrylics and added shimmer with dry mica powders.
Then I glued on all the decorations: colored chipboard, metallic embellishments, artificial plants and moss, real amethysts, art pebbles... And colored them all slightly with distress ink, alcohol inks and Finnabair´s waxes. This process blended them all together.




Finally, I added some decorative glass beads as toppings and whte gesso splatter.



I invite you to view the whole process. I filmed it all together with a short mystery box overview in the very begining of the video.


Thank you for your attention!


Mixed Media Place supplies:


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий