2020/07/22

Cosmos magnets for Lindy´s Gang - TUTORIAL

Hi!

Here is a new tutorial on one of my favorite topics - cute little free form creations. I like to make free form ATCs and magnets a lot! They are great to give to friends as tiny gifts, aren´t they?


One of the fun ways to use Lindy´s Gang products is on the black background, mixing the sprakly Starbursts with chunky embossing powders. Here is my take. Enjoy my new video!



BASIC PROCESS
  • I took a handful of old plastic fluorescent stars and a little crescent from my kids´ nursery and decided to turn them into the cosmic magnets. My kids doesn´t need them anymore anyway... So I covered the stars with black gesso from both sides. By the way, it is a good idea to degrease the plastic with alcohol before applying the gesso.
  • After the gesso was dry, I added some color and shimmer, using Lindy´s Gang Starburst spray Bachelor Button Blue.
  • Later, I attached the main decorations - the chipboard die cuts - to the front stars, using a contact glue.
  • Then, I decided to enrich the background (and blend the chipboard with it) by applying two layers of chunky embossing powders. First I melted some Don´t Scream Aquamarine (from the Rock It! set), and then added some Carefree Verdigris (from the Metal Maniacs set).
  • For additional decoration, I added some crystals, blue microbeads, iridescent sequins and black glass drops to the surface. I used soft gloss gel to glue the toppings.
  • When the stars were totally dry, I spayed them over with a glossy acrylic varnish.


Let´s see the magnets closer, shall we?















Lindy’s Products
Starburst Spray: Bachelor Button Blue
Chunky EPs: Don´t Scream Aquamarine (Rock It!), Carefree Verdigris (Metal Maniacs)

Other Products:
Plastic stars, Black Heavy Gesso, Soft Gloss Gel (both Finnabair/Prima Marketing Inc), thick die cuts (Stamperia), embossing dabber (Ranger), crystals, contact glue, blue microbeads, iridescent sequins, liquid glass drops (Fabrika Decoru), magnets.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий