2019/11/13

МК по тыковкам / Home Decor Pumpkins

Hello, my dear friends! 
Today I will show you a quick and fun tutorial on how I decorated cheap plastic pumpkins for my kitchen windowsill. This video was ready right before Halloween, but it is still a little acute, I think. I like to keep my autumn decorations around the house until December.
Sometimes, I start working on a mixed media project and I have no idea what my project will turn out like. Yes, zero thoughts! It does happen when I am tired and I need to relax. And I love relaxing while playing with my paints, sprays, squirts and all the other possible media, just mixing it all together and surprising myself with the possible results.
So this is how I made these pumpkins. I mixed some media with our awesome Lindy´s Gang products, and I simply enjoyed the process. It was really fun!



So here is the video tutorial


Basic Process

  • First, I covered the plastic pumpkins with matte medium (just because I lacked transparent gesso :).
  • Then I added some Golden Nugget effect paste on top of the pumpkins. Later, I covered most of it with embellishments, but it was still fun :))
  • Later, I added some yellow crackle varnish on top of it all, sealing the dried effect paste and adding some minor crackles on to the surface.
  • I added some pearly sparkle to the pumpkins by sprinkling some Mica powder on top of them.
  • Then, I colored the lace and ribbon, as well as the pumpkins with Lindy´s Gang sprays and ribbons: Orange Creamsicle, Pop Rock Purple, Buccaneer Bronze, Polite People Purple, Maple Syrup Bronze.
  • Some colorful additions with embossing powder Twilight Blue Slate. It was not very visible in the end, but I was curious on how it would turn out :)
  • After all the color invasion, I decided to add some stamping on the pumpkins.
  • Then, I glued on all the embellishments using the hot melt glue. And then I added some minor color touches to the embellishments with the same Lindy`s products I used before, so that the embellishments would not look too foreign on the project.
  • After that, I added some glamorous glitter to the pumpkins, and that is it, they are ready!







Lindy’s Products

Other Products
  • Matte medium (DecoArt), Golden Nugget effect paste, 3D Gloss Gel, glass glitter, Mica powder (Prima Marketing Inc), colored crackle varnish (ScrapEgo), stamp (ScrapClub SPb), StazOn ink (Tsukineko), plastic butterflies (Tim Holtz), handmade flowers (Freetany Flowers).

1 комментарий: